Thursday, January 12, 2006

Blog Name, Blog Images

1. I like the name "Test for Echo," which is about the only thing I like about Rush. (I cribbed "Test for Echo" straight off the name of a Rush album.)

It was something I thought up spur of the moment, and I'm completely open to scrapping the name in favor of something like "Orgy of Words."

2. I love the title banner, Mary, and the ideas you all have for color, layout and design.

And, yes, I'm secure in my masculinity and don't mind the hot pink. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Andy, I am glad you explained the name, because I had no idea where that came from.

I say we sort of "vote" here in the comments box. We could either vote between "Test for Echo" and "An Orgy of Words" or open it up for more suggestions then vote.

Whatcha think?

3:25 PM  
Blogger furyouhin said...

I prefer Test for Echo because to me it's a nice metaphor for what we do when we blog: we send out a post and we wait to hear if it bounces off anyone, if it moves them enough to respond. Like an echo, what comes back isn't a perfect replica of what we sent out, it's been modulated by whatever it struck; there's a little distortion, a different intensity, a different magnitude and of course, a time delay...all things that give the person who wrote the original post a new outlook on their own words, a triangulation of meaning.

From a geek's standpoint, I’m fond of it because of the countless times I’ve typed $ echo behind a terminal prompt.

An orgy conjures up a quite different atmosphere for me; one where everyone is doing whatever the hell they want in a rather indiscriminate way and irrespective of what others might be doing (maybe I’ve been to the wrong kind of orgies?) and the focus is more on one's self satisfaction than consideration of another's (ok, i'm soooo asian).

Anyhow, that's my take and I probably read too much into stuff.

3:54 PM  
Blogger kari said...

andy, are you saying you like Rush?

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home