Tuesday, January 17, 2006

five minus two

I do not touch doors, faucets, levers, phones, or computer mice with my bare hands. Ever. If a door swings away, I push it open with my foot or shoulder. For everything else I shuck a shirt-sleeve over my fingers (I'm always wearing at least one article of clothing with long sleeves) or palm a paper napkin between me and whatever I'm touching, a napkin which gets tossed right away after use. Related: I really dislike touching the keys of publicly accessible computers but as I don't have a way to avoid them, I mollify my horror by frequently dousing my fingers in Purell.

It's not a habit, in that it's not a pattern of behavior I can consciously unlearn, but I get instantly carsick when I read while in
a moving vehicle. This includes road signs. Hilarity ensues when I try to figure out where I am.

I guess the obvious entry for the list would be the elephant-in-the-room habit of mine. I don't need to write about that here, my other blog has TMI.

Can't think of anything else, I'm quite mundane.

3 Comments:

Blogger goldennib said...

I try not to touch things that many other people have touched. I elbow alot. I have a belief that public bathroom faucets are the dirtiest things in the world.

I get car sick too. I always need the window slightly cracked at minimum with the wind blowing on me.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Nics said...

I never really thought about it until one day I was answering the phone at the beauty counter in work and made the mistake of looking at the handset. It had a massive ring of make-up coloured gunk around the earpiece. I was nearly sick there and then.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I read that statistically the very first stall in a public bathroom is the cleanest. Think about how many times you've skipped the first one. Most people do.
I try to use the 1st now everytime, I don't care how close it is to the door.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home