Monday, January 16, 2006

FIVE WEIRD HABITS I HAVE

My friend Reggy, tagged my blog, and now I'm tagging all of you.

I guess the game goes like this:

The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You have been tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

So instead of choosing just 5 people to tag, I tag all of you who write in this blog.

Here goes...

1) I need to read when I eat. MUST. People say it's bad manners. I don't know how or when I picked up this habit, but I've done it as long as I remember being able to read. I don't mind eating out alone as long as I have something to read. During my lunch at work, I read. When I don't have something to read, I FREAK OUT. I can't enjoy my meal when I don't read. I prefer magazines because they stay open without me having to hold them open, that way I can eat with both hands. But as a last resort I'll use a book. This doesn't normally apply when I eat with others.

*As a side note I should add that this sort of spilled over to other areas of my life, and now reading is comforting and I need to read before bed, in the bathroom, while waiting at the dr's office, or for someone somewhere... Thus, I carry reading material with me AT ALL TIMES. Even when I go to friends' houses, I bring something to read in case I get bored. OK?? I'm weird.

2) I like to chew stuff. Pen caps, straws, my nails, others' nails. Yes, I'm gross like that. I have what some psychologists would call an Oral Fixation, I guess. This habit greatly diminished when I pierced my tongue (since I now have something in my mouth to constantly play with), but didn't disappear altogether. Mostly I do this when I get nervous, makes sense right?

3) Speaking of straws, I drink EVERYTHING through a straw. Anything that is liquid, anything that is a beverage, I must use a straw. Even plain old water. Don't ask me why... I just don't like drinking out of the cup/glass/container. If possible, I'll put a bottled drink in a glass with a straw. I carry straws in my purse (which wasn't mentioned in my purse post because they're in the bag I didn't talk about haha... carrying two bags is a weird habit in itself right??).

4) This one is pretty weird I think, and kinda hard to explain. When sleeping, I would rather not wear underwear/pants. If I must (for whatever reason) and for some reason want to sleep on my side (I've been sleeping on my back lately, this winter, to avoid this problem), the waistband of whatever bottom I wear MUST be ABOVE my hip bone. I've ruined underwear by doing this, and I end up giving myself wedgies. I don't know why, but having the elastic around my hip bone (instead above) is just uncomfortable and I can't sleep. For this reason I love summer, when I usually just wear a tshirt to bed, or when hot enough, nothing.

5) And finally, even though I prefer to sleep with as little on as possible (weather permitting, and yes I know I live in California and that shouldn't be as big of a problem but our nights can get damn cold even if day temperatures are high), I need to have some sort of cover/blanket (like Reggy!). I cannot sleep without one. I need something on top of me, to cover me. Otherwise I don't sleep well. In summer I turn on the fan or A/C, but have a blanket on.


TAG, all of you are IT!

1 Comments:

Blogger goldennib said...

Of all of your weird things, I think the straw one is kinda weird. The other things don't seem strange.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home