Friday, January 20, 2006

Jobs I've Had

1.) Hand-painting figurines assembly line style. This SUCKED. I was 17 and there was a bunch of old ladies yawing about their boring lives. I got paid jack-shit and I had to SIT for hours on end. I quit after two days.

2.) J.C. Penny - Men's Department

3.) Auburn University Large Animal Clinic Pharmacy - this one was interesting. It was a student workstudy deal and it's the closest thing to a scientific job I'll ever have. I had to fill syringes, count horse pills, stock shelves, it was pretty cool though. The grossest thing I ever had to do is help harvest horse plasma. Here's the deal: A vet hands you a big 5lb bag of fresh horses blood (it's still warm, mind you). You put that in the freezer. When it cold, it separates into red cells, white cells, and plasma. They harvested their own plasma because it is very, very expensive. Once I came really close to a big mistake. I put a narcotic into a bag of fluids instead of sodium. They are both clear liquids, but I caught my mistake on time. Sometimes it would get quite hectic in there.

4.) Fashion Bug

5.) Silvewear - it was a kiosk in the mall. It was SO easy.

6.) Fashion Bug again

7.) T-Mobile cell phones - back then it was Powertel/Voicestream. I sucked ass at selling cell phones. I am not a convincing retail person for the most part.

8.) Alabama Cooperative Extension System - this was my first graphic design job. I liked it for the most part. I got to work for Alabama 4-H a lot and I'm a fan of 4-H because I was a part of all that for many, many years.

9.) Art Coordinator, Auburn University - This is my current job. I'm basically an art director for the centralized creative services unit for the entire university. There are two other designers in the unit and I am the low man on the totem pole. But I LOVE this job. I get to do a lot of fun stuff. It keeps you young living in a college town.

1 Comments:

Blogger goldennib said...

I would love to work in an art department in a college. I miss college.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home