Friday, January 20, 2006

Jobs of death

1- paper girl for the Deseret News in Salt Lake. Me and my little brother shared a route of about 30 papers for almost five years starting when i was in seventh grade probbaly my favorite job so far. Me and my brother would walk around the block together it was definitely a good bonding experience and in my opinion one of the reasons we are still close.

2-Papa Murphy's Pizza I only stayed here for three months we were understaffed it was awful not to mention it was impossible to get the stench of pizza out of your hands whithout making a paste of backing soda and lemon juice and leaving it on your hands for five minutes bleck gross.

3- The Chocolate Covered Wagon a chocolate store near my home run by a beast of a woman named Cindy who was so sugary sweet one minute and a freaking nut case the next you were always on your toes. I wish i had a picture of her. That lasted about 6 months

4- My last job was pretty decent, I worked for the State of Utah's Risk Management scanning insurance claims into a database. This was my first full time job and let me tell you scanning fro 8 hours a day five days a week the summer before i had to grow up and leave home did not leave me happy. On the upside it paid incredibly well at 10 dollars an hour and with the money i purchased my lovely computer as well as my ipod, so it was definitely worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger goldennib said...

It seems like candy store owners are always mean.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jadzia said...

That pic of Geordi is totally random!!!
I love it though
-big star trek geek-

I fax stuff to our national document center to be scanned to the files, because sometimes it's a lot of files for the adjustors to do themselves, and because I haven't hooked up the scanner to my comp yet (at work), otherwise it'd be my job to do hehe. I pictured people doing it for $10/hr (which is the average pay for database jobs in CA) haha Then I read your last job and I'm like omg! I swear, that was freaky.

4:56 PM  
Blogger goldanything said...

i didn't like you having a full time job either. love love you

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home