Wednesday, January 25, 2006

man...

you're sick for a couple of days and all of a sudden there are 9 million posts :)

heehee...

nobody get offended kay...

I love this whole open post forum... and the message board like sharing... but might I make a little observation... I've noticed that some of the posts are rather long... not that this is a bad thing... I'm pretty long winded myself sometimes...

but some peeps who aren't involved as team members have mentioned that reading the stuff on here is very time consuming and takes way longer than a normal break at work...

I'm going to try and make any posts I make a little smaller than I normally would... and I'm not telling anyone to change the way they blog... but unless you check back after every post... I can definately see how this can be seen as a long read :) and smaller posts are easier to digest in the short amount of time that many of us have while at work... just my $0.02

3 Comments:

Blogger goldennib said...

Wow, you read blogs at work. I would never, ever, never, do anything like that. (Looks over should to see if boss is looking.)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Jadzia said...

*rock hits face*
haha it's all good Tamie.

I totally understand your view. I rarely post in my own blog, and sometimes I think I overcompensate for the length of time with length of post. But I can see how my posts can seem a bit much to read when you've been away a while (and I know you didn't say it was me, but I will take responsibility because I know my posts are LOOOOOONG, as are my comments).

I will take your advice into consideration (really, I will), but I have a suggestion... If a post (written by anyone) ends up being too long, I say just skip/skim through it. I know it's OUR blog and we want to be involved in it, but no one says we have to read EVERYTHING the others write... I know I've skipped much shorter posts in any blog I've visited if they don't seem particularly interesting to me

=)

Hope you're feeling better though!

(god was this long or what)

5:24 PM  
Blogger tamie said...

yea... I wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone specific... I do it too... sometimes I start my posts in MS word (when I get a good idea for something) and the end up being 2 full pages long... so I am guilty too :)

it was just as I was trying to catch up from being sick that I realized "Damn... thems a lot of words..." hehe... I normally LOVE the long posts... my work is THAT exciting... I was just passing along something some of my friends said when they tried to read this at a *cough* less blog friendly work enviornment...

keep up the awesome posts everyone :)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home