Friday, January 13, 2006

My Sketchbook



I've got this on my personal blog too, but I thought I'd put it here too because blogger makes bloggin' sooo easy.

Anyways, this is an illustration I did for Illustrationfriday.com. The theme was "sea" and a blue whale was the first thing that came to mind, so I started sketching and through a long drawn out process that I won't bore you with, I came up with this.

This is one of my new years "resolutions". To draw more and stretch a little more creatively. So, I got myself a new sketchbook to keep with me and work and I guess I'm doing it a little. One is just a drop in the bucket though....

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Nice sketch!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

purty!

It's very tranquil, I have no artistic bone in me at all. I use to make anatomy sketches for my notes that were quite laughable. I make stick figures look bad.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jadzia said...

I love the colors! I love anything sea-themed. I should've been a mermaid.

Like Jodi, I can't draw to save my life. I did a college project on lion-tailed macaques back in 1998 and I got a B ONLY BECAUSE my illustrations SUCKED ASS (my monkeys looked more like dogs...). The teacher said I should've used pictures or printed out drawings from somewhere. That's just sad.

6:09 PM  
Blogger goldennib said...

Mary - very purdy. And one is the first step in any direction. Do one more and you are walking.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home