Thursday, January 12, 2006

Straddling the Fence

Like Tamie, I am straddling the fence and hurting myself in the process (I’m a Libra, so I’m allowed to be indecisive.)

While I didn’t know the Rush reference (sorry Andy) I did think that Test for Echo was a good name for the reasons so eloquently expressed by furyouhin. I can visualize sending my words out to the great expanse to see what I get back. I get the same vibrations from the comments as I do from an echo.

While I do like the name, An Orgy of Words (obviously, since I suggested it, pats self on back and gets a cramp), furyouhin does bring up some goods points, again. It kind of reminds me of the Caligulia movie by the owner of Penthouse magazine. While I often get diarrhea of the mouth, it is not always my aspiration.

An Orgy of Words is sexy and kind of naughty and it does bring to mind people wallowing in the joy of exchanging ideas. Test for Echo is sort of esoteric and classy and the way we send out feelers for other people’s thought and opinions.

If I was voting right now, I'd go for leaving the name the same.

Did you know there is no synonym for word?

5 Comments:

Blogger tamie said...

another thought that comes to mind... with an Orgy of Words... we might attrack people looking for um... other things...

thinking about it again... I would vote to keep the name the same... and maybe spruce up the site a little with some color and maybe some fun graphics or links or something...

5:25 PM  
Blogger goldennib said...

Yeah, we could be advertising for something we didn't want with OoW.

Good point.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Tamie, I'm glad I'm not the only person who has seen Caligula, the movie...LOL...unless of course you are just referencing it and haven't seen it, then I feel like a perverted dumbass.

Yes, GOOD point. Plus, we are a light-hearted humorous bunch and an orgy isn't what I really think of, even though it's a great phrase.

Lets see. What I like best about this blog is that everyone here seems to be really into observational humor and just pointing out the absurdity of everyday life. I love it. Maybe we can get something out of that? I'm thinking....

9:05 PM  
Blogger goldennib said...

Mary you are not the only perverted one, I did actually see it.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I was confused last night and wasn't paying as much attention to who wrote that last post as I thought, golden! oops! Caligula is one whacked out movie...

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home