Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Thought it was time for a new post...

Hi Everybody...

so okay... have you guys read this yet...

I call shenanigans...

as a proud owner of not one... but TWO ipods... I think this is BULL SHIT to be offering software to "protect people from hearing loss"

because...

A) people should be responsible for themselves and be able to set the volume to a safe level without crying to Apple because they didn't listen to or read the warnings...

B) it's not the ipod that's the problem... it's those damn ear buds... I've gone through over 6 pairs in the 3 years since I've had my first ipod... and they start out working fine at a low volume... but over time... you need to turn it up (sometimes almost all the way) or you won't be able to hear anything... if Apple were serious about protecting people from hearing loss... they would invest in better head phones... because honestly... for $500... they shouldn't give you the cheap ass ear buds...

I know I've lost some of my hearing... and it SUCKS... but Andrew bought me some really REALLY nice Bose Tri-Port head phones that make it so I can listen to my ipod at almost the lowest volume setting and still be able to hear things without a problem...

thus concludes another episode of ranting with Tamie :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if people are stupid enough to listen to their ipods at top volume to render themselves deaf then they are stupid enough to shell out cash to install superfluous software.

besides, apple will need cash to pay lawyers for all the impending lawsuits.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

i hate earbud. I have small ear holes or something because they won't stay in. "Ear holes"? Is that a word?

4:08 PM  
Blogger tamie said...

no... the software is free... it comes with the latest itunes update... and it's only for the nano and the video ipods...

so you have to have shelled out plenty of cash buying THOSE first...

4:18 PM  
Blogger Nics said...

Well I'm currently suffering from an ear infection and or tinnitus. And my earing is significantly reduced and it's getting quite painful now as well. I hope to God it's nothing to do with my ipod, I'd be devastated.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Nics said...

For 'earing' please read Hearing. Apparently it's affecting my spelling too.

8:11 AM  
Blogger goldennib said...

It's like the lady who sued McDonalds because she burned her mouth when drinking the hot coffee. The jury awarded her several millions of dollars and she is why all of our take-out coffee cups say that the coffee is HOT.

No duha!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know who has the best headphones?

pilots.

- lori!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home