Wednesday, June 21, 2006

10 Things I learned in Las Vegas

1. Things are MUCH farther than they appear
2. Penny slots are pointless
3. People are friendly in a town that wants your money so badly so you have to tip practically everyone who so much as smiles at you
4. The "Duece" buses are only $2, but you'd better have an hour to blow
5. Cab fare is outrageous
6. Vegas weddings are not nearly as cheesy as I once thought
7. If you have to pay to get into a pool area, expect nudity
8. It is hotter than you think
9. Eldery people become lushes at 10am
10. It is hard to focus on a work conference when there are some many cool things to do

6 Comments:

Blogger goldennib said...

I'm picturing grannies wobbling around town, slurring their words. And granpas pinching show girl tushies.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Try old, drunk lady in the handicapped stall throwing up. LOL

It was actually the only disturbing drunk I saw while I was in Vegas. I thought I would see more, but I really didn't.

8:18 AM  
Blogger tamie said...

omg I totally forgot about your vegas trip... awe man... Andrew and I wanted to go too...

sorry :(

anyway... glad you had a good time... your list is very cute (typical 1st time vegas stuff) hehe... guess we're gonna have to come to you huh :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger QuillDancer said...

Disturbing drunks are quietly removed by the management. Tipping everybody is not required, but they do like tourists to think so. And us locals refer to those old people with their walkers, oxygen tanks (and cigarettes!) as SMPs -- Slow Moving People.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Dear Lovey Heart said...

woohoo for vegas weddings i am going to vegas this weekend for a wedding it will be grand i have never been there before so i am pretty excited

11:52 PM  
Blogger Orhan Kahn said...

Awesome post.

I wish to visit Vegas one day. Being Arabic and in Australia I may have to wait a while.. a long while!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home